Saturday, May 13, 2006

Race of Champions Marathon

Thank you to GSHH, Fast Feet Stores and Volunteers of the Race of Champions Marathon.

This was my first time running your marathon and I loved it. Going into the race I had low expectations and was preparing for the worst. What a surprise, as you far exceeded most races of this size. The quality of the course, friendly volunteers, organization and beautiful scenery made for a wonderful experience.
I apologize to those volunteers that received spilled water\gatorade from cups. Early on, it seemed the cups had little fluid and I was concerned about dehydration. Last year someone mentioned there was no water in the last six miles, that was not the case this year; plenty there. Was there a finish line string\tape? After 26.2 miles, your memory gets a little fuzzy and I don't recall breaking one. Your postrace "feast" is excellent! Hat's off to the cook of the chicken. Also, thanks to the earlier responders to my forum questions about the course.

1 comment:

  1. Geez, must be nice to win. Thanks for checking out my blog, and for the link. Sounds like you have a very good level of fitness, I look forward to hearing what you have planned for the future.

    ReplyDelete