Monday, June 19, 2006

Training: Bowker Flats

Hot and Hazy am run. Yesterday we fell victims to the heat, today acclimatization settling in? Nonsense. Need to be very conscious about fluid intake. I could’ve done a second run in the late afternoon but felt it would serve little purpose. Checkout today’s heart rate versus pace. This took about seven minutes longer than a previous run. What weather affect!

Lydiard is right in writing that in a few weeks, with patience, is becoming progressively easier and more enjoyable. This week I will try and bump the time up to ten hours.

RUNNING THE LYDIARD WAY copyright 1978; more good stuff:

Once you’ve mastered the schedule, time, you can move on to one that concerns itself more with distance than time, and progressively increase your speed as your maximum steady state rises and your muscles and general condition become stronger: I will post this tomorrow…

Training: AM – Bowker Flats 12.5M, 1:42:38, 8:12 pace, 143HR, 80 degrees, sunny humid w\stroller

2 comments:

  1. i think they keywords for summer and training are "effort based". As a slave to the Garmin, I hate watching the average pace tick upwards during summer when I know I'm running as hard as ever. But the risks of ignoring the heat are very real and sometimes lasting, so as I read the words "hot" and "tired" in 20 different running blogs (incuding mine) this week I'll try to remember to go by effort myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you the Garmin still tracks, with all the tree cover here it has trouble maintaining signal so I rely on the USATF route tracker./

    ReplyDelete