Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Training: Letting Loose

In preparation for the 4 Mile race on the fourth I opted for a speed run. My initial thoughts were to run intervals at the track. I realized that would not simulate race conditions so I ran the Will Guzzle route as a fartlek. Different pickup distance, speed, length, etc. it was a good effort and should make me too sore.

Apparently the HR Monitor didn’t start when I took off so I don’t have the hard stats. Many of the pic-ups were at 150-160 HR and recovery would come down to 135-140.

RUNNING THE LYDIARD WAY copyright 1978; more good stuff:

We let our kids sit back in buses and cars between home and school, while the Africans get there and back by running.

Training: AM – Willow Guzzle 10M, ?:?, ? pace, ?HR, 70 degrees, humid

1 comment:

  1. You have to quote the part about us feeding our kids frozen ice that turns their tongues unnatural colors!

    You didn't link those podcasts, email them or try again sometime, I'd be interested in hearing them.

    ReplyDelete