Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Training: ECMS2X

Here is another new route, Ephraim Curtis Middle School (ECMS) to add to my arsenal of delusion in hopes of running faster as a master. This one is four miles out and four miles back with the Town pool halfway including the Haskell Fields. This route is mostly shaded on the sidewalks, although today I did venture out onto the road for shade, but to the demise of some car honking driver.

The run was in the heat of the day and a toll it took on my system for the second time out. I had to stop at the pool to refresh my water bottle as I was completely out of 40 ounces and could feel the heat rising from my skin. I probably sacrificed 11 sec\mile replenishing water. Oh well, it’s not a race just survival and minimize the impact; tomorrow should be a quick ten miler in the a.m. I did feel a little something in my right calf on starting. This is good, tells me last nights workout did something.

Still need to get a good handle on hill-training and fitting it in the schedule. With this week’s goal of 116 miles any serious hill-training may be detrimental. So, maybe I toy with it and start getting the flavor as there is still fourteen weeks before the marathon.

Training: Mid-day – 16M, 2:06:57, 7:56 pace,85 sunny

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:31 AM

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:44 PM

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:56 PM

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:18 AM

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    ReplyDelete