Monday, July 24, 2006

Training: Leg Speed

Leg speed is a fun workout compared to all the conditioning running of the last four plus weeks. I found the trails annoyingly filled with pesky horseflies which pushed me harder than I wanted to on this first outing. My only break was exiting each downhill onto the grassy field to loop back around to the other side.

The soft trail felt very comfortable and roller coaster ride like. Trail running can be quite thrilling at a high speed, even if short duration. Everything seems to come up so fast and you rely on your instincts to avoid twisting an ankle or making a face plant.

Training: PM – LSRHS 10M, 1:21:48, 8:00 pace, 72 degrees, sunny

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:48 AM

    Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

    ReplyDelete