Sunday, July 30, 2006

Week Five Review: Conditioning (extended)

Total Miles: 100
Number of Workouts: 10, 13 hours
Stretching: Ok
Yoga: Two
P\U, S\U: 120\200
Notes: end of extended conditioning training
Issues to Note:
1. Feeling mentally and physically tired after this demanding week of miles and weather.
Next Week Goal:
70-90M

Training Run: Loops & Willow Guzzle

The weather was much more accommodating this morning from last weeks sweat fest. In running the loops I discovered it was mentally challenging to continue. After 12 miles I was ready to quit, removed the mp3 player and walked fifty yards.. I took in about 12 ounces of Gatorade Endurance drink and put the rest in my bottle. Next thing you know it off I went thinking I would only do a one mile loop and my wife would appear so I could drag myself in. Well, the Gatorade did the trick; the first mile out was fast, comparatively speaking, and I continued onto the Willow Guzzle completing it without the mental anguish.

22.5 Miles 3:01:58, 8:05 pace Willow Guzzle, 78,sunny, hot

3 comments: