Thursday, September 07, 2006

Marking Time--what happened?

Seems like ever since I ran one week of a mediocre\fast pace my training has fallen off immensely. Why? I have read other bloggers streaming along and some suffering from injuries. My story is unbelievably all mental. It's a state of mind and no less. There is a certain drive to run a PR Marathon as a master that I am trying to regain. Albeit, I am not trying very hard. Why?
Okay, a new phase in my business to bring it to another level has kept me preoccupied for the most part. Still, where is the kick? hmmm...maybe this will pass, soon I hope.
As for running, the days are typical "Average Joe" five to eight milers at an eight minute per mile pace. The two hour fifteen miler on Sunday was cool seeing how we spotted an eight point buck grazing in Great Meadows.
Now, we are in Brewster, Cape Cod. They have a cool rail trail here to run on. The mansion is real neat, but like most resorts there is only so much room to run. t's a good thing I am not shooting the moon with mileage down here, or is it?

2 comments:

  1. I know all about getting out of the routine. Hell, if the faster stuff is bogging you down just turn it into fartlek efforts or something to make it less taxing on the mental side. I'm hoping the heel is feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this period is a major lack of motivation to run--it's a rut--

    The heel issue passed within a week.

    ReplyDelete