Wednesday, October 11, 2006

getting back into it

It's true one can feel the change as a marathoning program is resumed and the energy\interest level returns. As of today, I must say this is the turning point of a new phase. Gone is the delerious low energy, lack of focus and downright laziness.
For the last couple of days it's been two ten milers and today's five miler. The last two using a HR monitor pushing the HR over 150 on several occasions and averaging between 136 to 141.
Also, Navy sent me a new pair of running shoes. I think they changed the models on me as they feel way different out on the road. These are New Balance shoes that have Navy Blue and Gold coloring. I thought I was running in 866's and these are 767's? Sounds like calling out Boeing Airline jet numbers. I will have to check and report back later. Shoes are usually something I have never gotten to hung up on. My thoughts are many records were set before all the shoe hype and some even barefoot.

5m, AM, stroller, 2x Bowker Flats 38:29, 145HR

3 comments:

  1. I'm searching for some shoes. Been dredging the internet for $50 trainers and man, there isn't much. I had a good run with Saucony's a little while ago (until they discontinued my model). I loved them so much that I scoured the country looking for them at Saucony outlets. I bought them from Ohio, California and finally the last two pair in Florida. So when the Nike's I had bought fell apart I went back to my used shoes and rotated them between runs. So in the end I ran the Wineglass marathon on shoes that had over 1000 miles on them.

    I think it's time to buy some shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm searching for some shoes. Been dredging the internet for $50 trainers and man, there isn't much. I had a good run with Saucony's a little while ago (until they discontinued my model). I loved them so much that I scoured the country looking for them at Saucony outlets. I bought them from Ohio, California and finally the last two pair in Florida. So when the Nike's I had bought fell apart I went back to my used shoes and rotated them between runs. So in the end I ran the Wineglass marathon on shoes that had over 1000 miles on them.

    I think it's time to buy some shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saucony has been good to me also over the years; especially for a bargain price with the Hind Outlets here in N.E.

    My latest training has been in NB 766 and I am just now trying out the 767's.

    ReplyDelete