Sunday, November 12, 2006

Recovery_Week_2

Weekly Review
Total Miles: 33
Number of Workouts: 4
Stretching: 2
Yoga: 1
P\U, S\U: 250\500
Notes: Ready to start training but holding back.
Issues to Note:
1. None. This is awesome compared to my post ROC.
Next Week Goal:
Up the mileage to 36 per Pfitz, This I feel is too low. If the pace is in check and all is a go I am looking for 40-50.

I skipped my opportunity to three-peat today on the local 5K to be on the conservative side. I need to spend some time planning for the five-miler on Thanksgiving.

Training: am, 60s drizzly, Willow Guzzle, 10M 1:09:36. This is a key hole course that has a four mile loop progressively ran faster each leg, (3m,4m,3m).

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 PM

    I hope the recovery is going well. Coming off my last marathon, I ran only twice the week following the marathon, then a day-on day-off the 2nd week, and then 2 consecutive days followed by a day off. The 4th week after the marathon I was back into normal training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayne, that sounds like a good plan, it shows it worked for you as a result of your recent training. Were these all easy runs or low miles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Mark, the 3 weeks following my marathon were all very slow and easy. I didn't worry about pace and mileage.

    Here's what I did:

    1st Week: Mon/Tues - Off; Wed - 20'; Thur - Off; Fri - 20'; Sat - Off; Sun - 30'

    2nd Week: Mon - 20'; Tues - Off; Wed - 30'; Thur - 30'; Fri - Off; Sat - 45'; Sun - 30'

    3rd Week: Mon - Off; Tues - 60'; Wed - 30'; Thur - Off; Fri - 60'; Sat - 45'; Sun - 20'

    4th Week: - back to normal base training.

    ReplyDelete