Thursday, December 14, 2006

Start Fast and Finish Slow

Exploratory starting in ARNWR ending up in Memorial Forest, lots of deer trails ending up in marshy areas. The morning fog provided for an interesting view of the natural scenery. This run started fast and finished slow. At the end I was lucky to hold 118 on the heart rate monitor. Woke again feeling some of the virus, despite a ton of pasta at last nites dinner the energy reserves depleted within forty five minutes and I was glad to get the run over with. Hopefully tomorrow’s speed-strength is better.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Took littleun out on WG route, it was colder than what we heard. Pushed the pace, had four stops and still managed a pretty decent time. Woke up with somewhat of a virus feeling as the littlun has been coughing the last two days.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Bummer about the virus. Hope you and your daughter gets over it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your troubles while I've been gone. What I've been doing under stress is forgetting about mileage and just trying to hit some hard workouts as I get the chance.

    My experience with fancy cushioned motion-control type shoes has been bad. I've been happy with Adidas Boston Classics as my primary flat and a somewhat better cushioned pair of Sauconys - sans motion control gimmicks - as an alternate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, thanks for your well wishes. Today maybe a rest day and put in place the anti-cold remedies.

    Eric, I would probably be a lot worse off if I was going through what you are.

    ReplyDelete