Sunday, January 14, 2007

REPORT: Week Three - Boston Marathon Training

Progression long run on the 3x Haynes Loop, I reversed direction outgoing on Witherell for loop two and three. It’s a respectable rolling course with one nice downhill to work on control and a gradual climb up Marlboro that keeps you working.

I had to do two bottle refills at the house as I was working off of one water bottle. Third loop had 75% Gatorade Endurance. On the third loop the goal was to get MP miles racked up and the closest I came was a 6:13, it doesn’t count. I consider MP as 5:50-6:10 per mile. This morning’s weather was raw, misty and damp.

5m-35:36/7:07, target HR in the 140s
5m-33:25/6:41, target HR in the 150s
5m-31:52/6:22, target HR in the 160s

Forerunner = 1:40:50, 6:43/mile, 15.0M
SportTracks = 1:40:56, 6:32/ mile, 15.43M

Weekly Review
Total Miles: 68 – 104% of max, 18% at MP or faster
Number of Workouts: 7
Stretching: light on pre-run and most post-runs
Yoga: One
P\U, S\U: a few, need to track to get back

Notes: Felt like the program was too easy earlier on in the week. Today’s long run dream of getting 5-6 miles at MP jerked me right back into reality!
Issues to Note: NSTR
Next Week Goal: See my Training Log, Four Key Workouts!

Training: am, 32, misty, 1:40:50, 6:43/mile, 15.0M, 156 HR

4 comments:

  1. Nice cap on an already stellar week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami, thanks, I hope the next thirteen weeks go as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice week Mark. If marathon pace was already 5:50-6:00 you would be tapering now. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with working down to optimal pace over a series of weeks. This way you learn to run fast and relaxed, and when those paces come down to sub-6 you'll be running fast(er) and relaxed. Keep on moving up the ramp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good point Mike MP is something that should come over the weeks; I like this idea of tracking the MP percentage of weekly miles.

    I should try and find the article about the MP percentage of weekly mileage.

    ReplyDelete