Sunday, February 11, 2007

REPORT: Week Seven - Boston Marathon Training

The “sick” theme continued for the seventh day. Somehow after a very slow first two miles I managed to survive this long run. It seems I could deal with this cold better if I had more energy and my lower back didn’t feel the slight pain.

Enough complaining, determination will get through to the illness and win out in the long run. Snowstorm predicted for Valentines Day. Ten-mile race is scheduled for Sunday!

Weekly Review
Total Miles: 56 – 78% of max, 0% at MP or faster
Number of Workouts: 5
Stretching: very little
Yoga: None
P\U, S\U: None
Notes: Major energy sap from being sick with a cold. It’s been primarily upper chest congestion and lower back pain. For a recovery week this has been very tough. Two total rest days.
Issues to Note: SICK
Next Week Goal: See my Training Log, Race on Sunday!

Training: am, 19, fair, 21.0M, 129 HR

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to learn about you still being sick, tough luck. Enjoy the race next Sunday… it’ll be sure to get the system back up and firing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael, I cna't wait to return to normal training and health.

    ReplyDelete