Friday, April 06, 2007

Another Crappy Run

Awaiting the ten day weather forecast for the Boston Marathon is like watching the snow melt, again. This was another crappy run day. The hamstrings are all bound up. It’s time to break out the ice pack for the right inner shin and another roll with the stick on the major muscles.

Sleep has been lousy the last couple of days. Fortunately today the Epsom salts, thanks Michael for the reminder, worked something with the hot water bath.

Okay, this has to be my crappiest post, did some re-writing and this will be it. A new low, just like my mindstate.

Maybe tomorrow will be better with an easy seven miler on the Boston Marathon course from Cleveland Circle.

Training: pm,33, light flurries, stroller, Haynes Loop + , 6.1M, 50 minutes

5 comments:

  1. You'll be fine, a coach once told me that it took 10 days to gain the training effect from a workout. You’ve put loads of miles in, the work is done. Bruce told me today, it’s not what you do from here on in, it’s what you don’t do… don’t sweat the running. Rest up, relax, try to stay loose and get plenty of sleep. I’m cheering for you!

    P.s. Sleep works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    You are going to have a great marathon! It's just the week before syndrome - nothing feels right. It's like Michael says - get some rest, get focused and race day will be here soon. There is always that pre-race thing - some thing doesn't fell right here, something tight there, but on race day, you will be 100% race machine. -Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to listen up to Michael and his coach. I can feel some really good days coming soon at a marathon near you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I empathize Mark. An onset of crappiness has characterized my week also. I’ve only run a small handful of marathons in my life but I guess feeling crappy for a few days during taper time is par for the course. No worries though. Come the 16th it will all come together.
    Let’s get ready to rumble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what you're gonna need in Boston!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete