Sunday, April 22, 2007

Boston Marathon Recovery

2007 Boston Marathon
Just a few shots from MarathonFoto. Any ideas which ones look best? If I ran sub 2:40 I would say they all look great!

Back to training> What's next? Always need a goal and something to focus on. I am thinking to keep the focus on running while including warm weather cross-training.

I see Mike and Seebo both shooting for sub-16:00 5Ks, one of my long time goals. There is the NE Grand Prix series and of course, later, a fall marathon.

Recovery has gone fine with lots of rest, massage, soaking, walking, yard-work, stretching and yoga. One week out from the Boston Marathon and today’s temperature was above 80 degrees.

Easy run with the stroller today. Tomorrow I’ll post a “cool” photo of Saturday’s run.

2 comments:

  1. Quite a weather change from a week ago eh? Running a marathon in 80 degree heat would have been a bit tougher than what we faced on the 16th, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on that MJD! Over the past few years there have been a number of 80 degree Boston Marathons, they started at Noon.

    ReplyDelete