Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Getting the Feeling - pivotal turning point

Brookline

I love my wife. During our pre-Boston Marathon planning session she stated to me “you need to be like you were before your last two Boston’s – full of confidence.” With that I went to sleep.

This morning I looked in the mirror and saw something new; a Masters Boston Marathoner. The past fifteen plus weeks of training are starting to take their form of a seasoned and conditioned marathoner.

As evidence, the feeling is starting to come alive as seen in the shadow boxing at a seven minute per mile pace on the treadmill to the tune of Boston’s Don’t Look Back.

Time to Fire it Up!!!

Training: am, 63, Treadmill, 3.0 miles in 22:30, progression
Yesterday: am,32,flurries, Battle Road Trail Cruise Intervals (5x1000M), to the tune of Chariots of Fire; shin is reddened from my over-exuberant self-inflicted A.R.T

4 comments:

  1. Now that's more like it!!

    BTW, I thought West Texas had crazy weather but 38 degrees with NE wind gusts to 40. What the hell? That just may freeze my delicate sunbaked skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I have no doubt you're going to kick butt on Monday. Looking forward to hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kick butt is what the weather may be doing on Monday!

    Just in the email is a BAA advisory, outlining them being advised by many on just how bad it could be

    MJD, you may be in for a rude awakening come 10:00 a.m. on Patriots Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the Mark I was expecting to see, I'm glad you're back. All the best on race day, you've done the work and it's time to reap with rewards, it's 'go' time. Race smart '&' with a hint of madness in your eye:)

    ReplyDelete