Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yasso 800s

I decided to give Bart Yasso’s marathon predictor workout a try for my first time today. Earlier this Spring, Mike reported doing these before Boston as a test.

The Concord track is a six mile warm-up run from here. The sun was bright, the air warm with a slight breeze. Pretty much tried to even pace the 800s around 2:45 each with a 2:45 (400 meter) rest jog. The last two took some effort whereas the first two were a breeze with a quick jog. I drank 20 oz. of fluid on the way over, 20 oz. on the track and 20 oz. of Gatorade on the return, then more water at home.

Training, am,78,sun 19.78 miles in 2:32, with 2:44 800s (ten)

2 comments:

  1. What impresses me about your 800's is that you embeded it into a 19-20 mile run. That's a solid workout. I could use some of your energy.

    BTW, congratulations on your 5K stroller race on Saturday. Some of my most found race memories have been pushing Desi in her "buggy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with MJ Dotson. You're a machine!

    ReplyDelete