Thursday, July 26, 2007

24 Hour Ultra Marathon

Around the Lake 24 Hour Ultra Marathon starts this Friday at 7 pm and my best friend is running.

It seems like yesterday that I trodded the lake path myself, it's been six years. To this day I say you won't get me to do it again. Although the next year I did go back and set the marathon course record. Those were the days.

Anyhow show up and lend a little support; I'll be there no doubt getting a long run in myself.

Last night was a futile attempt to break 17:00 at the Devens 5K. I came up as 1st Master and 2nd overall. It's a good thing there was another runner pulling me as submission to the heat and humidity is easy. 1st mile - 5:37, second mile 5:35 and then crawled the hill to drag down the time for the finish in 6:48 1.2 mile for an overall 18:01.

Tuesday was Rob deCastella's 8 x 400s with a 200 meter float. This was sub-20 something, possibly sub-19 for a total of 5000 meters. Might be a good weekly evaluation workout.

Monday called for an easy three miles on the treadmill.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog site and enjoy reading it. You have some impressive running credentials and your training volume is very solid. Seems like you get a lot from your running, and that's what many of us enjoy--only you're faster than most of us. It's fun watching talented runners progress. Good luck getting ready for your next race. I post with another running friend, Amy, and we’ll look forward to reading more of your site and following your progress. Keep up the good running and posting! Tom

    http://blog.runnerslounge.com

    ReplyDelete