Friday, December 21, 2007

Once A Runner

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run --
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And -- which is more -- you'll be a Man my son!
-- Rudyard Kipling

Rudyard Kipling was a 4:30 miler!!
(from "Once A Runner" by John L. Parker, Jr.)

Thanks to Mike and Andrew I now have something to read over the holidays.

Training: Treadmill, 8M in 69:55, 8:44/mile, tired legs
Note for the record: the ladder and I fell Wednesday while removing snow off the roof. Minor scrape on shin with bruising on left glute and lower back.

3 comments:

  1. I am interested in how you got a copy of Once a Runner. I have been trying to get a copy for over a year and haven't been able to find one! I have heard that it is a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim,
    OAR is on loan to me from a fellow runner. I think the original printing is the hard one to find and worth a fair amount of money. I would think it not too hard to find.

    From this book I see there are at least ten printings with the most recent 2004 by Cedarwinds Publishing Company. I see that it is by the author in Talahassee, Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,

    Thanks for the information. I will try to find a reprint. BTW, I enjoy following your running. The weather you have been running in makes it seem mild in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete