Thursday, December 20, 2007

Whoomp...Whoomp

The sound of more snowshoeing. I really wanted to run ten+ miles after seeing yesterday afternoon's sun thawing the road. I spotted this Olympian getting his run in it yesterday.

This morning out the door there was already four inches of fresh snow and it's going to snow all day.
HPIM1751
HPIM1747
HPIM1748
HPIM1749
HPIM1750
HPIM1754

After one loop I did two at wide stance to break the hard snow edges that were tripping me up. Wide stance is a walking snowshoe pace with high knee lift with a firm force down to break and compact the snow. Was able to run a so-so loop after realizing that I was pretty worn down.

Training: yesterday pm: Treadmill, 5.5M in 40:23
am: Snowshoeing, snowing, Poor Farm Meadow, 1:42:00 ~5 miles

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a good day for it. And it's not even winter yet... :-)

    ReplyDelete