Monday, January 28, 2008

Profoundly Uncomfortable

I’ll gripe no more of being sick or tired of the winter. Approximately 28 days of poor to mediocre training. So, it hasn’t been a good start, but don't dwell on the past. It’s time to move on and run for the future.

Yesterday was an easy run to almost mile 12 in Wellesley on the Boston Marathon Course. After moving aside the Wellesley co-eds at Starbucks, same girls that make the screaming tunnel, I divulged my run to my wife and son.

It was snowing when she let me out at mile six. Running against the blinding white flakes to Ashland and making the turn at mile three to snap the photo. From there I hoped for a 7:00 to 7:30 pace. Four miles at target pace in Framingham; they do the best job clearing the roads.

Around 15K, after a brief water stop, I slipped causing my left leg to fly until it slid off the ice patch. Aaarrggh, from there it was ever the more lousy until I pulled the plug.

Ashland T

11.9 miles in 1:35:42, 8:04\mi
am: 3M in just under 27 Minutes

Weekly Review

Total Miles: 39.4
Number of Workouts: 5
Stretching: dismal
Yoga: one
P\U, S\U: some
Notes: Starting to get concerned of lost\poor training.
Issues to Note: Very bad cold virus for first two days of no running. Sore muscles, started Epsom salt baths.
Next Week Goal: Get better and run the minimum.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, lost training is like a lost opportunity. But, there are more opportunities in the future. Can't think about what you didn't do yesterday; have to think about what you can do today because you have control over that.

    Put it on an inspirational poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you’ll be rested and ready to hit it hard when you recover. Small consolation, I know, but what can you do. I’m just waiting for my turn because everyone around me (family, coworkers, etc.) are dropping like flies with cold/flu symptoms.

    ReplyDelete