Thursday, January 10, 2008

Young at Heart

I just finished reading a biography on Johnny A. Kelley, "the Elder", titled "Young at Heart." You can see my picture of his statue on Commonwealth Avenue in Newton, mile 19, on my blog's slide show.

He was an amazing runner to set the records he did in the time he was running. I am looking forward to challenging some of his race times at the Boston Marathon. Figuring he ran in a less-advantaged era it would lend in my favor.

Now, if I could only get rid of this cold virus. . .

Yesterday: Bowker Flats: 5M, 38:27, 7:41\mi
Today: Treadmill: 3M, 24:25, 8:08\mi

5 comments:

  1. Hey, that slideshow is pretty nifty! Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cold is keeping your mileage down! I hope you get better soon and be able to start building back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark, Sorry about the cold virus, hope you get well soon and do what we love doing, Running!. Thanks for that Link of my blog you dropped at Seebo's blog. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mark - Get well man! I'm a new runner/blogger - been reading yours for a while. Hope to seen you back in action soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all for the well wishes and reading. I will write up a post soon.

    ReplyDelete