Monday, April 07, 2008

this really hurts

Last week Saturday morning I ran five miles on slick roads at an easy pace. All went well, until back at the house after stretching on the deck, I walked for the door and felt very light headed. My legs and knees gave out; unable to grab a hold of something I hit the deck hard.

Barb came to check on me. After a few minutes I was fine and called the nurse. Four days later I saw my doctor as my left knee was still hurting. She recommended some creams and that it’s a tear and bruising and should go away. If it doesn’t feel better then come back and get the x-rays done.

So this Thursday I head to Emerson for a stress test to check out my heart.

9 comments:

  1. Hope it all turns out to be minor. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that you'll set a facility record on the stress test.

    Take care and get healthy Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure does sound scary... I hope your check up turns out all right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm getting one of these on Thursday, too--a skipped heartbeat and subsequent blow-up in a race. Here's hoping both of ours turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Dotson beat me to my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. burn out the treadmill motor ..
    my best wishes
    (I think sometimes the tiredness can make this effect).Eg: I could not sleep well for few days and this morning I could barely stand on my feet, feeling dizzy and sick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, that doesn't sound good. Best of luck in getting it sorted out. You've had a rough winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm a bit nervous the night before the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark, Just saw your post. Let us know how things turn out. Take care, -Kyle

    ReplyDelete