Friday, July 24, 2009

True Potential: 24 Hour Race

You haven't been the same runner since the 24-hour race. So she says as we embark on setting up at the Lord Wakefield hotel this afternoon in her attempt to beat me. What gives is I'll never do this race again; 2nd place in 114 miles. The year before I set the marathon record and ran my first and only other ultra of 50 miles.

True to our vows "I promise to support your dreams and be there for you always." Let this be your year!

Training: Thursday-61 minutes at about 7:45 pace/mile then a 15 minute relaxing swim.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And good luck to you as CREW (Cranky Runners Endless Waiting).

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx. yes CREW, one year it was I seeking out a relay team needing an extra as the waiting was too much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All I can think of is sleep-running.

    ReplyDelete