Wednesday, September 23, 2009

1 x 3 Mile: Take it Easy

With two 20 oz. bottles of fluid, a Shuffle for tunes, and an extended lunch one might think a mammoth track session. Crimminy, let's try 4 x 3-miles at 6:00/mile I kept thinking in the 29 minute run over to the track.

the numbers:
1-5:59, 2-6:03(12:02), 3-6:02(18:04)
rest of five minutes jog\walk\bathroom
1-7:39--flat tire, wheels fell off, the energy is zapped!!!

cool down run in 30:30.

post analysis: (A) 78 degrees with 65% humidity, sun and wind. (B) 4 x 15 minute trail tempo on Monday (C) 22-miler from Saturday (D) upper lungs still congested restricting breathing. (E) all of the above

My wife says your body is telling you to take it easy. So, it will be for the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Blimey, that was an ambitious workout! You shouldn't be too hard on yourself, merely a bit more realistic ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to listen to my wife when she speaks about my running. She seems to be finely attuned to my slightest signals of fatigue.

    ReplyDelete