Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Day After

Diagnosis: basically the same, as the day after Doctor, diagnosis as an irritation of a tarsal navicular stress fractures from a previous break. The bone is also compressed and non- or low in vascular hencing its trouble. No real solution insight if you read here about how this also plagued NBA ball players Bill Walton and Yao Ming.

Prescription: up to two weeks of Aleve, mentioned glucosomine, demonstrated one strengthening exercise and asked for ME to re-consider ever cross country racing again. I'll need to manage this carefully in the days going forward.

Of late, I've ran on two occasions supporting my wife, aka superstar, in her Baystate Marathon and Mayor's Cup XC races. This netted a total mileage of, dare I say it, "six miles."

Today, the day after first taking Aleve and glucosamine I ran the flats (2.5 miles) in under 20 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, I hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a great outlook. Sorry, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm optimistic in toeing the line at Boston in '10. See you there?

    ReplyDelete