Saturday, October 10, 2009

Not Good

Two miles into an easy five mile Haynes loop my pace is slowing from the earlier 7:30 to over 8:00\mile. I pull over for some light stretching and realize the right foot pain is unbearable to continue running.

Hobbling back home using a stick to support my weight a Town resident gives me a lift; what a godsend. She saw me struggling and then digging through the brush for a stick realizing I was in trouble.

I've made it through the night but cannot walk, only crawl or use the laundry basket as a walker. I am thinking it's a stress fracture of the navicular, which could take 6-8 weeks in recovery. The trouble is it's a Holiday weekend making it difficult to reach medical services.

5 comments:

  1. Hope its nothing serious Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, that does sound serious though! If it hurts that you can't put weight on it...get medical attention! Take care now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that's terrible. Get an x-ray and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, sorry to hear about your foot. I too hope it's nothing serious. Take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. got x-rays with story on next post

    ReplyDelete