Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Ride

This morning it's a pleasant 60 degrees with light showers. Excellent weather for running and rehab from a cold. I learned the nose works better when it's moist.

My lung congestion kept the pace in check and desire to go easy for a good 20-miler tomorrow. I can't wait to get out on the Boston Marathon course especially with the warm temperature.

Yesterday I visited PR Running and I was sold on the first pair of shoes they put on my feet. The shop's website write up impressed me enough to try and get their take on what may work best. With a quick half mile at 5:30 pace in street clothes on their cushioned treadmill it was good. It wasn't until I got home that I checked the price to see how much I paid. Apparently they were needed in a bad way. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 6 $89.99.

Distance: am,60,lt rain, 8M, 60:00, 7:30 pace, 35% cold virus remains mostly lungs, sore back and energy

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:23 AM

    They should have given you a break on those Mark, that model is now a year old!

    I've had good luck with the 6's, and so far I like the 7's. They seem a little more flexible in the forefoot, and they rotated the crash pad on the heel to wear more evenly. I think they're also a bit softer and 10% lighter, for those who care about that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, your kidding me right? I am such a ludite when it comes to shoes. Thanks for your analysis, much appreciated.

    I feel like the Lydiard disease is in me, how he describes the American hype with shoe sales and its aim to make profits.

    That's it I am calling my mail order house for a quote and to order my wife her shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:37 PM

    Shoes have certainly gone a little overboard. I absolutely despise some of those motion control features and cushioning gimmicks they've come up with.

    I think the peak of shoe technology for me was the New Balance 676, circa late 1980's. Relatively cheap on per mile cost and you could run fast or long in them w/o getting hurt. I haven't seen much improvement since then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:11 PM

    Nice about the new shoes! I also got new pair yesterday (Asics).

    ReplyDelete