Monday, January 08, 2007

Train Don’t Strain

Boston Marathon

Boston Marathon Course, Boston College (just before mile 21)

Through the trees you should see the Prudential Building and the Hancock Tower where the finish line is.

I read this title recently in Lydiard’s running to the top and it applies to my Monday runs. Taking it easy whether you feel good or bad is the idea. For tomorrow we get the 3x 800-600-400-200 workout. This is exciting as I haven’t done them in years and this nasty cold virus is about 90% out of my system.

Rest: 5M Treadmill in 39:28, felt fine AHR at 145, temp around 70 degrees

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:37 PM

    Cold, rainy days like today make me wish I owned a dreadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 PM

    That was a pretty stiff 20 miler yesterday. Definitely wise to take it easy today. Don't worry if your legs don't have too much snap by tomorrow. It is the effort that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. even though our treadmill is more like a board with a rotating belt it is a blessing to the cold and rain

    the plan calls to repeat the long run effort six more times before Boston

    ReplyDelete