Sunday, February 25, 2007

REPORT: Week Nine - Boston Marathon Training

A race this week would’ve been better considering my recovery from the cold virus. It did turn out a good week of training with one double, x-c skiing, nice long run, a cool tempo, focus on hills and support at the Hyannis Marathon.

I got a chance to meet Jamie after the race; he is pursuing a BQ. He looked strong when I saw him at mile 5 and 13. Like my best friend and many others this just wasn't the day. It can be tough all around on us when the miles get the best of us. Send him a cheer for his effeorts if you get a chance.

This week feels like my running is back on track. That’s good because there are now only seven weeks remaining! This week has the ultimate “Down the Hatch” 22-miler from the Hopkinton Boston Marathon start to Cleveland Circle.

Weekly Review
Total Miles: 73 – 115% of max, 10% at MP or faster
Number of Workouts: 8
Stretching: some, muscles are tight
Yoga: one
P\U, S\U: 150/300
Notes: Excellent training week considering recovery early on.
Issues to Note: cold virus done!
Next Week Goal: See my Training Log

No comments:

Post a Comment