Wednesday, May 06, 2009

5K Plan: Get on Track

In review of yesterday's botched w\o I discovered the w\u and c\d were to be only 15 minutes each, roughly a total of four miles vice my seven.

Today the legs came around and the rain let up, but it was an easy day so no chance to do a workout. The adaptation period I figure will take a couple of weeks for my body to adjust to the training regimen.

Mike asks me about the 3 min. rest interval on my 5K program, at first I thought it was just a carry over from my marathon program then I realized this is actually right out of "Fast Track" a book co-authored by Suzy Favor Hamilton. I am jumping in at the conditioning phase: Week 5.

did a double today, second one faster as felt groggy from last nights Fourth of July Road Race meeting - looking forward to tomorrow's 3-, 2-, 1- minute tempos

No comments:

Post a Comment